How to Edit in 4K+ without Breaking the Budget
- Tuesday April 25th 2017 - 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
- Wednesday April 26th 2017 - 11:00 AM - 12:00 Noon
4K+ high resolution footage can place an enormous strain on a facilities infrastructure. In order to edit and work in this level of media, companies are forced to make some critical decisions to either upgrade hardware or adopt alternative workflows.
In this session, ProMAX will discuss the Infrastructure requirements for Editing in 4K+ (high Res), and then dive deep into choices and alternatives available to organizations that need to start working in 4K+. Finally, we will take you through an example hands on Proxy-Edit-Conform workflow to demonstrate some alternatives.
You will learn
- What hardware components are most affected by 4K+ Editing
- 4K+ CODEC Categories including Camera Raw, Editing and Distribution
- Understanding bandwidth requirements (SAN & NAS) for high-res Media
- Understanding the correlation between video compress and its effect on CPU and Network Bandwidth
- Demonstration using editing software like Adobe Premiere Pro CC® to understand hardware bottlenecks when editing in 4K+
- How to edit high resolution media from outside the office
- Learn how to set up a Proxy-Edit-Conform Workflow